Wednesday, September 7, 2022

he Eyes Have It

I have shared with my friends, family, and Facebook readers that I developed diplopia, which is double vision. It was strange because just five days before, I had my yearly eye examination and my vision hadn’t changed. It wasn’t necessary to get new glasses. Double vision made it difficult to continue doing my daily tasks and really limited my independence. It was necessary to cancel several appointments for my other health concerns, but I was able to drive myself locally. I would close one eye. Now I need to reschedule those appointments. There are other obligations that press too.

My vision since then has improved. The vision in both eyes have remained intact, they just weren’t coalescing into one focused picture. Yesterday I was my appointment with an ophthalmologist. I had my brother drive me to the appointment. I wasn’t sure whether or not the doctor would need to put drops in my eyes and was unsure if I’d be able to drive afterwards.

I wish I could clone myself about now, unlike the cloning going on with Facebook. I don’t know why they are doing it other than to allow someone to anonymously send messages to my friends. The type of cloning I need is to split myself so I can be in two places at the same time. I have several things that I will need done simultaneously. I guess I will have to choose which one is more important.

It has been quite awhile ago I decided not to worry about things. Oh, I have concerns, but that is much different than worrying. Worry only takes my mind off the tasks at hand and focuses on things that will probably never happen. I understand that there may be problems, but they are important only when they happen. Like with my double vision, it was a surprise and there was nothing I could do about it when it happened. My kids were more worried than I was. (Perhaps they thought I’d have to move in with them. LOL) The diplopia was a concern, but it caused an interruption in my schedule, but it didn’t cause my life to cease. I will have to hustle to catch up on so much that need done. I also have an eye on the things that I know are coming due, things I need to finish before winter and past commitments that will be coming again. Well, what gets done will get done. Que sera sera.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment