Wednesday, January 6, 2021

One Step at a Time

My Foley catheter was removed yesterday. That was a true blessing. With the carry-around, urine collection bag or the hidden-from-view leg bag, it was a pain. Not just having it attached to you and carrying it, but the catheter often pulled and irritated the most sensitive part of my male anatomy. Good riddance. I pray that I never have a need for another one. Since its removal, I’ve been drinking more water trying to keep the system flushed and garden hose functioning. Time will tell what will happen there.

Since my diagnosis of an urinary tract infection, I’ve been on intravenous antibiotic therapy. I’ve been fortunate enough that I’m able to administer it to myself. Only several more days ot that antbiotic left for me, but I am still on an oral medication because they feel I had a second infection, although that test came back negative.

While in the hospital, the doctor insisted on giving me a Covid nasal swab. It came back as positive even though I displayed absolutely no symptoms. I didn’t even have a fever. The closest thing that I had that was remotely similar to a symptom was that I didn’t have an appetite. It wasn’t that I lost the sensation of taste, I just couldn’t decide on whether the effort to fix something to eat was worth what I wanted to eat.

Hopefully my family will be able to gather at my house for the holiday meal and I can pass out the Christmas gifts from “Santa’s” workshop. The workshop claims one side of my bedroom where gifts and boxes settle as I buy them during the year. Closer to the celebration, wrapping paper and the gifts migrate from the closet to cover half of my bed until they are carried downstairs and placed beneath the tree.

Feeling so under-the-weather, it was no surprise that I didn’t put up the tree. Too much work for such a short time. I did get out and put several crèches on display. That was as much energy that I had to spare this year. I’m not sure how many gifts will get wrapped. Many will be stuck in garbage bags and a tag stuck on them to finally get stacked in family piles for easy identification.

The greatest thing is, I will get my entire bed back. I’ll be able to stretch out and sleep. Don’t think me to be a Grinch. 2020 has been a very trying and tiring year for me as it has for many of my friends, relatives, and my readers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment