Monday, February 4, 2019

One thing on my bucket list that still eludes me is to write a hymn. This is the rough draft that I'm working on now.
Infinite
Infinite mercy, infinite grace
Infinite love even time can’t erase
Eternal blessings, mine evermore
Infinite manna from such a great store
Lost in sin’s darkness, gloom deep as night
Enslaved by its grip, with no hope in sight
Drained of life’s essence, empty inside
No understanding of why Jesus died
Guilty of trespass, sins of my past
Transgressions untold with my crimes so vast
Sins are bright scarlet staining so deep
I knelt at the cross and began to weep
The Lord provided the sacrifice
Allowing his Son to pay my sins price
Christ satisfied debts I could not pay
Christ’s sacred blood took the grave’s sting away

No comments:

Post a Comment