Friday, May 4, 2018


Doing the Hustle
The hustle still continues…no, not the dance. I’m not a dancer, but I still am having a hectic pace. I was so much into the things I needed to do, I forgot to go to the monthly luncheon with the Grand Dames of Frick Retirees. This past Wednesday, I was concentrating on the work that was ahead of me, finishing the sorting and filing of the stacks of papers in the massive filing cabinet, I forgot to drive to the luncheon with the retired nurses from Frick. I think I need a secretary or at least a better filing system for my brain.
The good news is that I managed to finish the filing cabinet drawers. There were only 3 drawers that were packed tightly with photos, papers, maps, and other paper memorabilia. Others had ledgers, log books, Bibles, framed photographs, and some things someone didn’t know what to do with and hid them in a file drawer. I feel good that it’s all behind me. There are smaller bins to sort yet.
Yesterday, a good friend and fellow writer needed a ride to have and endoscopy done. It is the least I could do for a dear friend and a person who is a help when it comes to getting my books ready for publication. I think because she has some physical limitations, it has caused her mental abilities on the computer to expand. She enjoys research and her fingers dance over the keyboard following trails.
I woke about 6:30 a.m. which is my usual time, made my usual tour of the bathroom, kitchen for breakfast, and my computer before picking her up at 9:30. She had to have blood work before her 10:30 appointment for the upper gastrointestinal endoscope. While waiting, I ate lunch at the hospital’s cafeteria. I am not sure who chose black uniforms for the personnel, but it was just shy of depressing to see food handlers in black.
After her scope and recovery time, I drove her to her home. She wanted to attend the writers meeting later that evening, so I stayed, chatted, and tortured her cat Harley. The meeting started at 5:30 p.m. and we decided to eat before we went. After the meeting, I needed groceries. Shortening a longer story, I finally made it home at 8:30 as twilight wrapped the day in a dark blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment