Monday, October 20, 2014


State of Undress

“I want to break out of my shell. I am tired of my life as a secretary. It’s so boring. I want to be free, even if it’s only for a week. I want to do something completely out of line for me. Do something unusual. For years, it’s been on my mind.”
As I sat in my gynecologist’s office, a travel advertisement for a cruise caught my attention. It read, “Feel free again. Shed your inhibitions. Join our cruise to a remote island paradise.”
More information followed in smaller lettering. “This cruise is for the young at heart. Clothing is optional.” I glanced around the waiting area. No one was paying any attention to me. I quietly tore the page from the magazine and tucked it into my pocket. “I’ll do it,” I vowed.
I jumped when the nurse called my name.
As soon I got home, I called to make reservations. I got my passport, made sure my inoculations were to date, and selected the clothing I wanted, just in case I couldn’t bare it all. By the day of departure, I had my toiletries and sun screen in a small bag and a slightly larger one for my clothing, “Just the bare essentials,” I thought smiling at my own pun.
I was growing more excited as the day drew near. Normally shy, I decided to pay for a single occupancy cabin.
“The cabin is beautiful,” I glanced out the porthole before unpacking, then changed into a pair of shorts and a halter top. A slight vibration in the ship and the creaking of the metal told her that the boat was underway.
“I’ll walk on deck. I’ll get to learn where things are and get some sun at the same time.”
Just having left the dock, the passengers on deck were still fully clothed and they were older. As the cruise progressed, most walked the promenade deck, nude and bare skins turned rosy. I became comfortable seeing the others sky clad and finally decided, “Tonight for the evening meal, I’m going to do it. I’m going to set myself free from the burden of my clothing.”
I felt a bit embarrassed as I slid my clothing off and tossed them onto the bed. I took a deep breath and thought, “This is it,” and boldly stepped into the passageway. I strode quickly and purposefully toward the dining rooms before I could change my mind.
I sauntered into the dining salon with my head held high. My chest was thrust out. My nipples were perky and erect.
Diners turned as I entered. Everyone was wearing formal attire. It was the Captain’s dinner.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment