Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Sharing Memories with Friends and Workmates
I was at Frick Hospital in Mt. Pleasant, Pennsylvania yesterday to have some more testing done. The person who was doing the testing was a workmate of mine when I was employed there. She and I shared some stories. I know that I’ve shared this story before, but it was one that I shared with her. I gave her one of my business cards and invited her to read my blog.
This story wasn’t quite a ghost story, but it answers if I ever saw ghosts when I worked on the third floor. I also told her I’d not seen any ghosts, but I did hear footsteps occasionally. I’ll repeat it so she can share it with other friends.
I’d just taken the body of a deceased person to the morgue and placed the cart in the cooler. I was recording information in the log when I heard voices in the storeroom through a connecting vent high on the wall. It was our maintenance man Frank and Nicole one of the female central supply techs. They were retrieving a bariatric bed. Bariatric beds are oversized beds for the larger patients. These beds were stored directly beneath the vent.
I moved across the morgue until I was underneath the vent. I cupped my hands around my mouth and making a funnel I moaned, “W-O-O-O-O-O-O! W-O-O-O-O-O!”
They immediately they stopped talking. Then I heard Nicole ask, “Frank, did you hear that!”
When Frank didn’t answer right away, she persisted, “Did you hear that?”
Frank said “Yes! Yes I did.”
“What was that?” She asked.
I heard Frank shush her.
They were quiet and I could tell they were listening. So I waited. When I heard them start to move the bed in the next room, I again moaned, “W-O-O-O-O-O! W-O-O-O-O-O!”
Nicole said, “Let’s get out of here!” I heard the supply room door pop open and the bed rolling out of the room at a high rate of speed.
Later, I met Frank in the hallway and told him what I had done. He laughed and said, “I didn’t know what that noise was. I knew the morgue was next door, so I thought at first it could have been a ghost. The second time you moaned, Nicole’s eyes bugged out. She grabbed my arm and almost climbed up onto my shoulders. I think she would have if I would have let her.”
We never told Nicole and  if you read this, I apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment