Wednesday, September 18, 2019


Dining With a Cougar
I’ve been busy since Sunday with the usual church services and choir practice. Monday I spent stacking firewood for the coming winter and signed a contract for replacement of several windows and outside door, and to clean and replace the caulking in the rest.
Tuesday I went to lunch at Bud Murphy’s Restaurant with other classmates of the Connellsville Area High School of 1967. About 10 of us claimed several tables to talk and eat. I promised to mention the cougar in today’s blog. She is a very amusing lady and her boss says she’s a cougar because she has a friendship with his son. All through the meal we teased her about it and we teased the server about it too. He actually blushed. It was all in fun. I managed to finish stacking the firewood and may breakdown to order another cord.
Tuesday evening I drove to the Chestnut Ridge Historical Society to hear Dale Dix speak on his cross country bicycle excursion. He narrated a slide show presentation of the journey.
The rest of my week is lining up to continue the busyness of my retired life. A volunteer workday at the Historical Society and Wednesday night prayer service will claim most of today, maybe squeezing in the mowing of my lawn and my neighbor’s.
Thursday is my annual trip to the urology clinic for my prostate exam, lucky me. At least I am blessed to have a female physician assistant with small hands. I wonder if she still has the framed poster that says, “If you don’t believe in the trickledown theory, talk to a man with BPH.” (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.) Then I need to help set up my friends book selling station for Saturday. I was to share the table, but my niece’s wedding took precedence.
I’m blessed to have Friday off, but may have to do the laundry and complete the household chores. Anyone like to dust, vacuum, and clean bathrooms?

No comments:

Post a Comment