Friday, October 12, 2018


Foggy Brain Freeze Wednesday
When I woke on Wednesday morning, both of my hips ached and my calves sore. I wasn’t sure whether it was a weather change or I slept awkwardly during the night. My calves being sore could have been left over from the intermittent cramps that I’ve been getting. The quinine in the tonic water helps when I remember to drink it.
Between keeping up with my blog, entering my Haiku poetry into the computer, and adding to my next Tommy Two Shoes and Cora Mystery book I’ve been busy. I have my laundry caught up and volunteered for several hours at the Chestnut Ridge Historical Society. I abandoned them after only two and a half hours because of the discomfort in my hips. Shifting between sitting and walking jobs, I managed to put in a few hours.
When I came home, I took something for pain, watched some television, then napped. When I woke, I was confused as to what day it was. My brain kept telling me that going to church was imminent and from that, I thought it was Saturday. When I finally got the details worked out in my head, it was 8:45 p.m. and the Wednesday evening prayer meeting was 15 minutes over and done.
Thursday, more work on my Haiku and Tommy Two shoes. My cousin Peggy’s daughter Dawn Bermel Osborne called. She and her husband were taking a mini-vacation and driving through the area from Illinois. She is researching and visiting the Rugg and Miner (Minerd) cemeteries and homes.
She messaged, saying she was in the area and we met for the evening meal. At home, we always called it supper, but many call it dinner. At home, dinner was always lunch, so I never know how someone will interpret what I write.
Anyway, we had a nice meal; we chatted and caught up on our families and what was happening in the area. I got a few hugs and took a picture.
This gives me more incentive to visit Illinois, cousins, and my Fourth of July Facebook friends and visitors. Look out. I may just visit you guys one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment