Friday, June 22, 2018


Another Week in the Can
It’s been another busy week and I’m feeling just a bit sore and tired. Laundry on Monday, Tuesday was finishing spading one hole closed in my backyard and opening another to find the opening in my septic tank to have the local honeydipper visit and clean out the sewage and made the call to set up an appointment. Wednesday, I visited my dentist for my teeth to be cleaned and to have a filling replaced. On my way home, I stopped at my brother’s place. He wasn’t home. Next stop, the barber, then at a local grocery store where they still have a meat department where they will do custom orders to have a special ham loaf ground. Later in the evening I attended Wednesday evening prayer services at church.
Thursday as I waited for the honeydipper to arrive, I continued the seemingly endless chore of stacking the firewood. When the truck arrived, I talked to the man who opened the concrete vault as he suctioned the mess from the depths of the tank and learned a few valuable tips. The waste in my tank was difficult to remove because it was more solid. He said routine cleaning at a family dwelling should be every 5 to 6 years. If not the solid waste will ruin a leach bed causing more problems. It had been at least 20 years since my last cleaning.
Later, because I hadn’t mowed my neighbor’s grass the last time I mowed mine, I decided to mow his lawn. He and his wife are good people, but due to his age and physical condition, it’s difficult for him to do. While I was mowing his lawn, I noticed that now, my lawn looked ragged and shabby, so I swung the mower around and finished nearly 2/3’s of mine. The back side of my lawn is lower and with the recent rains, the ground was soggy and unsuitable to mow.
Tired, I came in to relax and cool off. I fell asleep in my recliner. I showered and began to do some writing. I missed my writers meeting. I looked at the calendar in my office earlier, but because I hadn’t flipped the page, I was looking at May I mistakenly thought there wasn’t a meeting.
Today, there is a different writers meeting. I should attend, yet there is still a lot to do at my home. More wood to stack, the remaining hole in my yard needs filled, vacuuming and dusting needs done. We’ll see. I haven’t been engulfed in a dust storm or been attacked by savage dust bunnies yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment