Friday, March 30, 2018


Reconnecting
Yesterday, I received a wave and a shout on Facebook messenger. I didn’t recognize the name and am leery of accepting people without knowing a little bit about them. There are too many robots and scammers who try to lure a Facebook user into accepting them. I’m not sure if it allows them to hack your account or not, but I try not to take chances.
When she messaged me, she gave me enough information to understand that we were related. She said she was the granddaughter of Cora. There are two of my relatives named Cora. I assumed wrongly that she was a grandchild or great grandchild of my great uncle Theodore Rugg, because I have had more contact with that side of the family at the Rugg reunion.
In reality, she was the granddaughter of my aunt Cora. Cora Hyatt was my mother Sybil’s sister. This young lady was the daughter of my cousin Peggy. I didn’t know that until I checked her profile a little more closely and saw she was from Sheridan, Illinois, where my aunt Cora lived. So I shared that fact and I was finally able to get my head screwed on straight.
As we messaged back and forth, she shared that she’d purchased my books and planned to read them. She was also starting to do research on the family tree. I sent her a few of the stories listing family members and about my grandparent’s farm. She mentioned her sister. I was able to connect with her as well. So, I’ve now extended the family tree to include these two young ladies.
The last time I’d seen them was when they were teenagers. I am hoping to hear more from them and if they read my BlogSpot, they may glean a bit more for their research. My BlogSpot is http://thomasbeck.blogspot.com. They should be able to read back through my posts and ferret out more information.
I finished the afternoon by calling my orthopedic physician for an appointment. My right knee and shoulder had been causing pain, but the knee is pulling ahead and has started to pop when I straighten it. It’s time to have it checked out. That appointment has filled my next week’s dance card. I hate weeks like that, busy and in constant motion.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment