Friday, November 3, 2017


The Weather or Not
The autumn weather has been unusually mild and has limited the bright hues from appearing on the trees. The golds, reds, oranges, crimsons and the intense yellows of the leaves have taken their time to slowly evolve into a dull brown or to just wither and fall off the trees. I don’t mind the warmer fall weather; I just don’t like the thoughts of the winter chill that is just ahead. The short reminder of the colder temperatures and the strong winds made me want to hibernate.
We should be thankful. So much of the country is going through drought-like conditions while southwest Pennsylvania has been blessed with ample rain. So much has happened in the past week. It has been another stress-filled week chock full of things to do. I had the carpeting and flooring installed on Monday. They have to come back to install the trim. They didn’t have what they needed.
Wednesday, I ate lunch with the Grande Dames of Frick. Once each month, the retired nurses from Frick Hospital in Mt. Pleasant Pennsylvania get together to eat, reminisce, and to update each other on our “boring” lives now that we’ve retired. I always say I didn’t know that retired meant feeling tired day after day because I’m still busy.
Thursday, I had an appointment to have my bathroom remodeled. It was a no show. I don’t understand what happened, but I certainly won’t hire them for the job. It was a referral through Home Advisor, so how reliable are their recommendations?
Thursday afternoon was the writers meeting at the Mt. Pleasant public library. I had a headache, but went anyway, escaping back home as soon as the meeting was over.
This afternoon, I plan to attend the annual Veteran’s Day celebration at the Mt. Carmel Christian Academy. Their respect and tribute to veterans is unbelievably moving. These young men and women make me proud to be an American and to know there is still a generation that respects veterans, our country, our flag, and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment