Monday, October 2, 2017


The Challenge
The challenge started Saturday, when my cousin Robin Beck challenged me to post Scripture on my Facebook page for seven days. I knew that I would accept almost immediately, but because I am often an odd duck, I wanted to put a twist on it. As I sat trying to decide how to do it, thoughts of my usual daily sharing of my vast array of postcards popped into my head. I knew that several of them had Scripture as part of their appeal, so I started Sunday morning with my first card.
Sunday morning church service was the first message in a week long revival meetings. Evangelist Samuel Mills was the speaker and began to challenge our hearts with a stirring message about the sufficiency of God. He shared that the LORD is supreme, the Lord of lords and God of gods. There is none above Him.
The word LORD is the personal name of God. Jehovah and it was so holy that the scribes would wash before they would transcribe His name, only us the consonants, and would throw away the pen after writing the name of God. He is that holy. Today, society and even Christians use His name all too casually, cheapening this Creator of the universe.
Mr. Mills spoke at the Sunday school hour about the revival services at his home church. The services were to last 3 days and continued for 14 weeks. He shared how the church prepared for the revival and how the power of a mighty and wonderful God took over and more than 300 men, women, and children walked the aisle and accepted Jesus Christ as Savior.
Sunday evening service he shared how Abraham was asked by God to sacrifice his son, Isaac. Abraham followed God’s directions and did all that was asked of him when he was called to worship. He shared the meaning of preparation and the fire that Abraham carried in his hand. Mr. Mills compared the carrying of fire to the church carrying the fire in our hearts to the church, ready to worship. He challenged the adults to be rejuvenated by that fire of revival and to be examples that the youth want to follow, to be lights in their own schools and in the community.
The challenge isn’t finished. Evangelist Mills is speaking all week. Seven pm, Mt. Zion church, 159 Kreinbrook Hill Road, Acme PA 15610. If you’re able to attend, please visit and listen to this man of God share God’s word.

No comments:

Post a Comment