Wednesday, July 16, 2014


Hodgepodge
I am going to write a few odds and ends that may generate a paragraph or just a few lines, but they popped into my head, so I will pass them along. I want to write them before I forget them. The first was a weird, pizza-like thing that we ate while driving through Canada on our way to Newfoundland and Labrador. It’s called a Donair. Now, that it’s written on paper, I’ll never want to think of it again.
 
Another thought as I mowed, was the ornamental bamboo, my wife Cindy wheedled and cajoled me, saying, “It’s ornamental. They say it won’t spread like other bamboos.” She was wrong and I am left to deal with it and all of its attempts to reproduce and spread. I am caught on the horns of a dilemma. The bamboo was one of the last plants that Cindy planted. I would hate to destroy it and do whatever it takes to keep it from spreading. It has reached about a square of eighteen inches, but is constantly sending out shoots. I keep it check so far by mowing them off and mowing close to the main clump of the bamboo.
Does anyone know a person who works at the Pittsburgh Zoo? I have bamboo to harvest for the pandas, anytime and as much as there is. It’s free of charge.
 
The mowing made me think of my last hair cut. The barber isn’t the best, but he’s close and he’s cheap. He’s known for his white walls. White walls are cutting the hair so close that the skin under the hair on both sides of the head show through and glow white. The last two times I have had my hair cut there, I had problems. The first time, my sideburns were off about an 1/8 of an inch. It could happen. So I trimmed it myself and didn’t say anything.
The last hair cut, he trimmed my bushy eyebrows. I didn’t notice until I got home and took a shower, then looked in the mirror. It was a scary sight. One eyebrow was nearly gone. The other was trimmed carefully and looked good. I didn’t know what to do until I thought to trim the other closer to match and to then I used the dye made for beards and moustaches on them. It made them dark enough to see, even though they weren’t very long or pronounced. I guess that I could have used some kind of make-up that my daughter used on her eyes, but I didn’t think of it at the time.
Will I go back to him? Probably, it’s only hair and I plan to tell him to be more careful. I know that I can’t put hair back on, but hair will grow.
I found an old pair of scrub bottoms in a dresser drawer, as I was cleaning. I thought I’d try them on. They were mediums and I’m now a large (Minimally). I had just seen a video of a girl trying to climb into a pair of jeans, two sizes too small and that’s what I felt like. I wiggled and pulled. I managed to get into them, but I think that they are going to be passed onto someone else. I don’t foresee myself losing weight in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment