A Dark Time
I began the task of sorting and tossing accumulated and collected items from my office/ computer room. As usual I don't get too far because I have to read some of my writings before I can toss anything. I am leery off throwing away an unfinished manuscript or an undeveloped idea. It's hard to think of new things to share. It upsets me when a thought briefly appears then evaporates before I can capture it on paper. That is why a thought written down on paper is often precious.
One problem with reading is while reading the words of years past, the emotions can escape and can pummel me. Those emotions that reemerge as I read past expressions.
"The only light comes from flickering memories that loneliness allows to slip through chunks from my past to tease and tittiilate. The darkness is so much worse as those sparks fade to return like a punch in the gut. A cruel, savage blow meant to dishearten and to rob all joy and thankfulness."
I stopped for now, but there's always tomorrow AND if not, it will bee left for my kids to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment