Friday, November 17, 2023

Friends and Acquaintances
    Over the years I’ve met quite a few people. Some of whom became very dear to me while others have simply drifted away. Some with whom I’ve made close contact while others I have barely met at all. This may seem strange but the meeting people the internet has closed the distance and allowed those friendships to form much faster than the snail mail of old pen pal letters.
    Because of my blog and Facebook, I’ve met many people and maintained friendships that would have withered and died if left to the letters sent by mail. The books that I’ve written has forced me to go out into the public and tell people that I am an author, pass out my business cards, and that I have written books. In ways, it’s oddly different and yet the same as when I worked as a nursing supervisor. I was constantly working with the public, but on a smaller scale. It was, limited to occurrences inside of the hospital and I was a representative of the hospital and not me.
    With the need to sell my books and share my Blogspot I keep making acquaintances. Most are superficial. My close friends are few and far between. There are many people that I’ve met in school, in the Navy, and while working at my jobs that I wish now I would have stayed in touch. They were interesting people that had much to share in knowledge and wisdom. Many told stories to me and I wish I had listened more closely to remember them and to share them with others. Those who read my blog have been deprived because of my stupidity and those tales will disappear, untold into oblivion.
    That’s the reasons that I write stories of my family, thoughts from my school days, tales of my work experiences, and fictional stories that my mind recalls or creates. I am so thankful to all of those who read what I write and take the time to share their thoughts and lives with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment