Friday, September 22, 2023

Escape from the Canning Nazi
I have two days off Thursday and Friday this week and the weekend from the canning kitchen prison camp and the head warden, but not so fast. Friday Seedline comes to our church. We will unload the equipment and unassembled printed Gospel of John and Romans from their trailer and move them into the gymnasium. Once inside we will start to place the printed pages into the covers before we staple them into a finished product to be trimmed and boxed for shipping. It is my understanding that the language we will put together is Croatian. Once the order request from missionaries in Croatia is filled, the Gospel will be shipped to them for distribution. Our church has done this for many years and has put together the Gospel in many languages. I can’t remember all of them, but English, French, Polish, Spanish, Ukrainian, Korean, and Portuguese. On average we are able to assemble 12,000 copies or so at each visit from Seedline.
Saturday I will help with the Seedline project before I have to leave early. I am docent at Chestnut Ridge Historical Society. When I’m done with that, I have to hurry over to my friend’s house. She’s making the evening meal for the Seedline people and a young missionary lady who is interested in translating God’s word, so my Saturday is shot.
Sunday is filled with our regular church services. Sunday morning preaching, Sunday school, then evening services. There may be time for an afternoon nap.
Monday begins a whirlwind schedule. It’s back to the canning kitchen to pare pears and put them into jars. Later on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday I am to pick up my granddaughter from school, then return her for her ensemble practice. Wednesday I have morning duties at Chestnut Ridge Historical Society then I have van duty in the evening. Thursday I have an appointment with my dietician before picking up my granddaughter. Friday I am helping a friend distribute food baskets to veterans. I need to be there at 0800 to sort and get ready for the onslaught of needy veterans. I am near weeping at the sight of these old men and women. I hope they have someone at home to help them unload. I’ll be there until 1400 or so.
I’m just holding my breath that nothing comes up for me to do on Saturday. Sunday is to be a day of rest, but I’m hoping that Saturday is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment