Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Just Sing It to the Choir

Yes, this old crow is part of the choir. I think it’s because male voices are so scarce and because they take pity on me that I am allowed to stay. I know I often have trouble staying on pitch, partly because most of the hymns and music the director uses calls for sopranos, altos, and baritones. There are not enough low pitch bass voices. My part would be a virtual singing alone solo trying to mesh with the other voices. I can understand the reasoning; however I often struggle to reach the higher notes without gong into a falsetto voice.

This year for the Christmas program our choir will be presenting a newly written score and lyric song of Christmas and the real reason for the celebration of the season. There are those who will argue the real birthday of Christ is unknown, but that doesn’t change the fact that Jesus WAS born, that He IS the one and only begotten Son of God, and that He came to earth in the form of a man to pay the price and bear the punishment for mankind’s sins against Father God.

The lyrics and score are both really beautiful. The program is free, open to all. All are welcome to anyone who wants to attend. The service will be an hour long and will be held on Sunday evening at 6:00 PM on December 11, 2022. Our church is the Mt. Zion Community Church located at 159 Kreinbrook Hill Road. For directions or more information, visit our website: mtzionacme.org to check us out.

Even with my caterwauling, the music will be great. Our congregation is very friendly and you may even meet old friends there. The singing is only a small part of the program. A short play by our members will be presented and our pastor will share a short message. I’ve been assured that everyone will be back home by bedtime. The program is titled, “What I Love About Christmas.” I’m sure that you will enjoy the evening, even with me in the choir. 

No comments:

Post a Comment