Friday, August 19, 2022

 

The Cat’s out of the Bag

Coming clean on what’s been happening lately. Last week my optometrist evaluated me and I had no prescription changes in my lenses, so I didn’t have to change prescriptions or order new frames. I was helping with canning assisting my friends Tuesday as I left her house, I started seeing double vision. When I got home, I messaged my PCP and she told me to return to the eye doctor to see what was going on. I called the optometrist’s office and was scheduled to see the doctor on Thursday. It was her day on duty, so the scheduler wanted me to see her to evaluate any changes. I drove myself to her office. I drove much of the way with only one eye open so I was sure I was on the road. My grandfather Beck was blind in one eye for over 20 years and he drove, so I figured I could too.

My optometrist listened to my symptoms and reevaluated me. She was unable to diagnose me and suggested I see an ophthalmologist. The office tried to arrange an appointment, but the ophthalmologist office didn’t return a call.

At the insistence of my daughter Amanda, I called my cardiologist to see what he thought and could perhaps either direct me or call in a favor to help. I called the doctor who did my cardiac catheterization, then referred me for my triple bypass surgery. I spoke with his Nurse Practitioner who said I should report to the emergency room after hearing my history and symptoms.  So I went to the emergency department at Frick Hospital and had a CT and an MRI of my head. The tests were all clear. The R.R. physician said all tests were negative and thought it could be a migraine. She ordered an I.V. to hydrate me and a “migraine cocktail.” I had a small headache that was eased with the “cocktail,” but the double vision remained.

I was sent home with instructions not to drive, operate heavy machinery, and to return if anything worsened. It is difficult to write my blog on the computer. I may resurrect old posts to share for awhile until things clear up. If you’ve “heard this story before,” I’m sorry, but I will try to refresh the tale before I repost. Pease bear with me until then.

Waking this morning, the double vision remains. I share what is happening not to curry sympathy, but to let people know what’s happening with me. Until about 3 years ago, I’ve had good health and thank God for that. If Job could still praise God with all his troubles, I can continue to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment