Monday, August 16, 2021

 

Getting Things Back Together

It was another week where things have slowly come back together. My morning cardiac rehabilitation is still going well. I haven’t arrested on the tread mill and I am progressing on the other machines. The hardest thing for me to understand is, how can they expect you to exercise and labor while having to try to breathe through a mask when the last thing a cardiac patient needs is having a lack of oxygen. Just a few more sessions and I will graduate.

I’ve been slowly, and I do mean slowly, redoing and resetting the stones in a walkway I made over 20 years ago. Many have sunken down and become covered in moss and grass. The weeds in the flower garden along the path are being weeded at the same time. The old deck has been removed and replaced with several large palette-formed steps from my back door to the ground. What kicked me into action to do the walkway was that my kids spent a day doing some of the needed landscaping at my home as a belated Father’s Day gift.

Tuesday I spent most of the morning helping two friends prepare tomatoes to cook spaghetti sauce and allow it to cook down and prepare it to can. It’s great that we can join forces for a mutual benefit while saving food products. Tuesday evening our church had a missionary to Greenland visit. As I spoke with them, I could share the few words of Icelandic with them. They’d spent a year in Iceland before going to Greenland. I also shared I was the guy whose cell phone played “Popeye the Sailorman” during another visit.

Wednesday I spent four hours at the Chestnut Ridge Historical Society. It was a light action day for me. The Tuesday visit of the missionaries replaced Wednesday night prayer service.

Thursday was another slow day with just a bit of work on my firewood stacking and extending my rock walkway.

Friday, I found that my stupidity was the problem with my lawn tractor and managed to mow my lawn and my neighbor’s lawn. Friday evening, I helped unload and set up equipment for the Seed Line program. The Gospel booklets of John and Romans are already printed, needing assembled and stapled before being trimmed and boxed. I left a bit early to head home. I’d left my windows open. I was soaked by the time I reached my car and entered my home, only to be greeted by three indoor swimming pools and a wading pool. I placed fans to dry them out. By morning, things had dried. The Gospel assembly program continued Saturday morning, with 12,000 copies in Spanish were readied for shipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment