Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Doctor May I?

It’s been another busy week, well at least the first half of the week so far. Sunday was the first service of our revival with Samuel Mills and music director, Doyle Robertson. Both men came with their family. Both have been to our church before. It was almost like an old friends’ homecoming. Evangelist Mills is an extremely dynamic speaker sharing Bible truths with a bit of southern humor and an accent to match. Sunday evening was the second service and he had lost nothing of his humor, his accent, or his passion to preach the Word of God.

Monday I had my last visit for my right knee injection. It’s called Euflexxa or hyaluronic acid; laymen call it rooster comb injection. It’s helped the arthritic pain and the feeling that my knee wanted to give out with a catching sensation. It may take six weeks before I’ll know full effects of the medication.

I came home and I decided to mow my lawn. The grass really looked ragged. My post operative instructions said I wasn’t to mow my lawn until I was  released by my physician, but I’ve already been driving my car without permission, so…I figured I could flaunt another taboo. I did keep my word. I didn’t mow my entire lawn.

I also burned some paper trash. The wind was calm and I usually watch it until it goes out through a window, but because I was tired from mowing, I sat down and fell asleep. A knocking on my door woke me. The neighbor said there was a fire. The wind had picked up and the swampy area beside my house had turned into a small brush fire. Several neighbors and I were beating out the flames with spades until the fire department arrived to hose down the area.  I’m sure my physicians would not have approved of me fighting a fire or the briar scratches on my legs.

With the weather looking cold and wretched for the rest of the week, I decided to mow most of my neighbor’s yard. I dislike when my yard is looking neater and their yard is scraggly. So I again kept a promise not to mow my yard.

Tuesday was “invite-a-friend” to the revival service and the dessert fellowship afterward. The message was the need for seeking salvation through Jesus Christ. It was an exciting challenge to all who had loved ones who were not saved. A variety of desserts including delicious pies, cookies, and homemade ice cream were served.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment