Wednesday, March 13, 2019


Definite Diet Decision
I’ve decided that it is time to watch my caloric intake. If I can keep on with the lower calories and with my increased activities and chores in the warm spring weather, I should be able to drop a few pounds. I’ve always been on the plumper side of things. Even as a kid, I wore “husky” sizes.
I’ve said all of this as a lead in to Monday evening. Because I live alone (the cat Willow doesn’t count) I sometimes choose to go out to eat. I do get tired of deciding what to cook, gathering the ingredients, and taking the time to fix the meal. Often I put off cooking, become hungry, and am too impatient to wait. So, I usually hit a local restaurant, Brady’s. They offer everything from a breakfast menu, a salad bar, sandwiches, desserts, and full meals with a daily special. They have quite a menu and the service is great.
Monday evening I chose the liver and onions with a side order of tossed salad. I enjoy their celery seed dressing. As I ate my salad, three women entered and sat in the both next to mine. Being the outgoing person that I am as one lady removed her coat, I nodded and smiled. We began a conversation that soon involved the other 2 women. I found that they were from Canada. The youngest one was originally from Newfoundland and now lives in Toronto. I also shared some of the places I’d visited on my mission trip through Newfoundland/Labrador. I explained that I was an author as well as a blogger, giving each one of them my business cards. Two of the women said they were avid readers, so I am hoping that they will read about our wonderful accidental meeting.
They were visiting the United States with plans to visit Frank Lloyd Wright’s creation of Fallingwater. They wanted to know how far and I said about 45 minutes. I told them of Kentuck Knob, another of Wright’s nearby creations. Before leaving, I told them that my great-uncle was groundskeeper at Fallingwater and my father-in-law was caretaker of Kentuck Knob.
The tie in with my introduction is by the time I slowly ate my salad, I felt full and brought my meal home. It fit in well with my earlier resolution to cut back on snacks and to eat nothing after 7 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment