Wednesday, February 7, 2018


Task at Hand
The men who remodeled my bathroom have gone. Their work was great however I am left with the finishing touches. I need to hang the bathroom curtains before the neighbors complain to the police and they tried to contain the dust but with the furnace running, it distributed dust in the other rooms.
Yesterday, I began early spring cleaning. The first room I tackled was my bedroom. It had been awhile since I gave it a thorough dusting, sorted through items I tossed onto the dressers, and vacuumed the bedroom carpet. The cleaning extended to the small hallway and stairs to the first floor.
I’m not a hoarder yet, but each bureau in my bedroom holds a collection of whatnots: a jar of buttons, a jar of seashells, and several wooden jewelry boxes holding more receipts than actual jewelry.  On top the television are my antique, glass measuring cups. Each and every item had to be wiped clean of dust before returning them to their place of honor.
I plan to clean my living room or the family room today. The living room should be the easiest. I removed the clutter before the new carpet was laid. I want to sort everything I removed before it goes back onto shelves. Those items are still in the family room. I’m forcing myself to go through them all to determine their usefulness or their sentimental value. I’ve always called it my early depression room, holding items from my parents or Cindy’s parents. There are hand tools, oil lamps, glassware, pottery, old photographs displayed. A rack of DVD’s, an old trunk, a carriage seat, and I must not forget the grandchildren’s toys stored there. The other room I hesitate to clean is my computer room. Handwritten manuscripts sit in piles until I can string put them into books. The Tommy Two Shoes series are my first 4 books about a retired Pittsburgh homicide detective who solves mysteries. Each chapter is a different mystery making it easier for the fanatic to get their fill and for those who don’t like to read an entire book to see “who-done-it.” The fifth book is about Rahab the harlot from Jericho and how she met and married a Jewish enemy to be in the line of King David and Jesus.
The latest book “Addie,” features local places like Confluence, Ohiopyle, and Mt. Pleasant. Addie is a woman who was raised without love. She takes in an orphan only to have him snatched away. Faced with her mixed emotions, she must find a way to deal with them. Set in the 1940’s, the plot has a series of surprises as well as a surprise ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment