Friday, June 20, 2014


Books: Harder Than It Looks

Last evening I held the proof of the book I wrote, Tommy-Two-Shoes. Being able to tangibly hole it, gave me an unbelievable feeling of accomplishment. I have always loved to write. Probably because I am so opinionated and want to tell people what I think, but nonetheless, I love to write, for whatever the reason.
The inspiration is only a small part of having a book published. Finding an editor to work with you is essential, especially when the author is doing it for the first time. My editor had the skill to push me and guide me through the writing, rewriting, and help with PUNCTUATION.
My creativity, interplay of ideas, and knowledge of vocabulary are my strengths. Punctuation is not my forte. My editor asked, “Are you afraid of commas?” I don’t fear them, but I do get caught up in my own story and characters, that I forget about most punctuation other than periods and question marks.
I believe Einstein said, “Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.” I’m not saying that I am a genius. I am saying that writing is at least 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration. Often, my characters will write for themselves telling me what they want or need and no I’m not hearing voices, although, sometimes that might help, but what I am saying these people take on a persona and a life of their own. They become friends or enemies that the writer becomes comfortable with. They become less stiff and formal and more like the friends that are welcomed at the back door and no longer have to ring the front doorbell.
The following listings are where you can either preview now or order after 27 June 2014. All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading my blog. I apologize for using this spot for a commercial, but I would share the birth of a child here and this is the baby of my imagination. 

Pre-order listings:




These are all the places where people will be able to pre-order your ebook.  Other listings will be created the week of the 24th once it is officially released.
Book listing without pre-order capability, but people can download samples (and already have):


 

No comments:

Post a Comment