Friday, January 17, 2014


The Lonesome Blues

I’m sorrowful and so lonesome with nothing left to lose

You’ve got me singing my baby-has-left-me blues

You’re gone, gone, gone, you’ve really gone away

I’m home alone with nothing more to say.

If these ain’t blues I’m singing, I ain’t singing the right song.

How can everything start out right and yet end up so wrong?

 

I have those lonesome, empty, with nothing left to lose blues

 That makes me want to drown myself in tears, sorrow and booze.

You’ve gone away. You’ve really gone away.

My soul is empty and it’s in decay.

If these ain’t dues I’ve been paying, what else more can be said.

My payday is long overdue. I’ve nothing left to trade.

 

The Empty Bed Blues

I couldn‘t sleep at all last night; thoughts of you filled my head.

I needed some comfort when only coldness filled my bed.

I couldn’t sleep at all last night; my bed’s empty and bare.

Your scent no longer lingers. All I do’s lay and stare.

Baby, my arms are empty; my memories are full.

Baby how could you leave me? How could you be so cruel?

 

I couldn’t sleep at all last night. Dark nightmares plagued my soul.

When you left you took my heart. Your love’s taken its toll.

I couldn’t sleep the whole night through. All night I tossed and turned.

I wanted to spark love’s fire. It was me who got burned.

Baby, our love’s just ashes; the embers have turned cold.

Baby you stole my youth, leaving me tired and old.

 

Chorus: I couldn’t sleep at all last night. I just couldn’t sleep at all.

I couldn’t sleep the whole night through. I miss the siren’s call.

No comments:

Post a Comment