Friday, January 19, 2024

 Cold and Snow
It has been a cold and snowy week thus far. Snow and frigid weather are my two least favorite thing for me to endure. I’ve posted in the past that I do sometimes on occasion enjoy clearing my driveway. The solitude and silence with the large flakes of snow cushioning the noise and confusion of the present time can be so relaxing. The darkness of the night and the curtain of the falling snow separate me from the hustle and bustle of my world.
However this week hasn’t put me in that frame of mind. The frigid temperature and the snow were pushed into my area by strong winds. The result was that many people around me were deprived of electricity and heat. That is never a good thing. Some of the outages were for only a few hours while other folk endured the hardship for days.
I must give credit to the linemen and the tree trimmers; they did a marvelous job getting the power restored. Even though the winds hadn’t subsided, they were dealing with the frigid temperatures and the wind to lessen the effects of the damage.
I started to write to share my experience. I am thanking God that I didn’t lose power and I was able to stay warm during this onslaught of cold and storms. The story I wanted to share is about Tuesday morning. I had a dental appointment Tuesday morning at eight thirty. I had a damaged tooth. I had an appointment for a diabetes study program. It would be a trial for a new medication. That appointment was for ten o’clock. On Monday afternoon I had a call reminding me of a third appointment at eleven o’clock. Now I was getting nervous. All three in such a short period of time and the roads were snow covered.
I left home early and was at my dentist’s office half an hour early. Al went well and now I faced the real challenge, the Springfield Pike. It is a series of hills and turns that have been the locations of many accidents. It I can be the bane of drivers who face its perils on a daily basis.
Gingerly I made my way along the snow covered road and made it to my second appointment early as well. I hadn’t driven over forty miles per hour until I got onto Route 119 and managed the speed of forty six. I filled out the papers and gave my sample of blood before getting back into my car for my third and final appointment. Again I was early. I gladly turned into my drive at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment